Damage of the tibial nerve usually occurs when the nerve is compressed due to consistent pressure.
- sharp, shooting pains
- pins and needles
- an electric shock
What causes Tarsal Tunnel Symdrome?
- Severly flat feet
- Varicose veins
- Inflammation from arthritis
- Injures or truama (ex. ankle sprains)
- Examination of the foot
- EMG (may perform other nerve conduction studies)
- Examination by preferred podiatrist
- Prescribe anti-inflammatory medication
- Steriod injections
- Custom molded orthotics
- Ankle brace, if needed
- Surgery, if necessary
We, United Foot and Ankle, strive to give our patients the best treatment options. If you or any loved ones are experiencing similar symptoms, please feel free to contact our office at (732) 979-2035. We are located in East Brunswick, Keyport, Perth Amboy, and Bayonne.