Sciatica commonly occurs when a herniated disk or a bone spur on the spine or narrowing of the spine compresses ( or 'pinches') part of the nerve. This pinching can cause sharp pain, inflammation, and even numbness.
- Radiating pain
- Muscle weakness
- Burning sensation
- Discomfort when walking or standing for long periods of time
What are risk factors for Sciatica pain?
- Violent injury (i.e car accident)
- Herniated disks or overgorwth of bone
- Physical examination by preferred podiatrist
- CT scan
- Steriod injections
- Anti-inflammation medication
- Prescribe physical therapy referral
- If necessary, surgery will be required
We, United Foot and Ankle, strive to give our patients the best treatment options. If you or any loved ones are experiencing similar symptoms, please feel free to contact our at office at (732) 979-2035. We are located in East Brunswick, Keyport, Perth Amboy, Bayonne, and Old Bridge. We look forward to seeing you!