This condition is the overuse of the tissue that connects the the calf muscles of the back of the lower leg to the heel bone.
- Mild ache pain in the back of the lower leg
- Stiffness or sensitivity in the morning
- Pain may increase during running, walking up stairs, or exercising
- Condition can lead to ruptures if left untreated.
- Physical problems
- Training choices
- Medical conditions
- Evaluation by preferred podiatrist
- Ice affected area
- Prescribe anti-inflammatory medication
- Podiatrist may prescribe heel lift to reduce pressure and strain
- If necessary, doctor may recommmend physical therapy
We, United Foot and Ankle, strive to give our patients the best treatment options. If you are experiencing similar symptoms please gives us a call at (732) 979-2035. We are located in East Brunswick, Keyport, Perth Amboy, and Bayonne. We look forward to see you.