What causes fallen arches?
- An abnormality present from birth
- stretched or tore tendons
- Inflammation of the posterior tibial tendon
- Broken bone
- Other health conditions
What can increase risk of fallen arch?
- Feet tire easily
- Painful or achy feet
- Bottoms of feet become swollen
- Foot movement is difficult
- Back and leg pain
- Physical examination by preferred podiatrist
- Rest and ice to relieve pain and swelling
- Steriod injection
- Prescribe anti-inflammatory medication
- Custom molded orthotics
- Recommend physical therapy
We, United Foot and Ankle, strive to give our patients the best treatment options. If you or any loved ones are experiencing similar symptoms, please feel free to contact our office at (732) 979-2035. We are located in East Brunswick, Keyport, Perth Amboy and Bayonne.