A talar dome lesion is an injury to the cartilage and underlying bone of the talus within the ankle joint. These kinds of lesions are usually caused by an injury, such as an ankle sprain.
Common signs or symptoms?
- Chronic pain deep in the ankle
- Occasional clicking in the ankle when walking or running
- Sensation of ankle locking or giving out
- Swelling in the ankle, especially, when bearing weight on it
- Physical examination by preferred podiatrist
- Prescribe anti-inflammatory medication
- Presecribe a walking boot or ankle brace
- Referral for physical therapy
- Surgery, if needed
We, United Foot and Ankle, strive to give our patients the best treatment options. If you or any loved ones are experiencing similar symptoms, please feel free to contact us at (732) 979-2035. We are located in East Brunswick, Keyport, Perth Amboy, and Bayonne. We look forward to seeing you.