A tendon rupture is an injury that affects the back of your lower leg. It mainly occurs in people playing recreational sports.
- Swelling near the heel
- Inability to stand on injured leg and foot
- Popping or snapping sound when injury occured
What can cause a ruptured tendon?
- High intensity sport activities
- Falling from a height
- Stepping in a hole
- Physical examination by preferred podiatrist
- Prescribe pain relief medication
- Prescribe anti-inflammatory medication
- Walking Boot (CAM walker)
- Leg cast
- surgery, if necessary
We, United Foot and Ankle, srtive to give our patients the best treatment options. If you or any loved ones are experiencing similar symptoms, please feel free to contact our office at (732) 979-2035. We are located in East Brunswick, Keyport, Old Bridge, Perth Amboy and Bayonne. We look forward to seeing you.