As people get older, joint damage is more frequent and prevalent causing pain or swelling that can lead to different conditions affecting the foot or ankle.
Conditions linked to joint pain in foot or ankle:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ligament/ tendon rupture or strain
- Persistent strain
What are some common symptoms?
- Difficulty walking or bearing weight
- Joint stiffness
- Physical exam of preferred podiatrist
- Steriod injections
- Anti-inflammtory medications
- Custom orthotics
- CAM walker or ankle brace
- Orthopedic shoes are recommended
- Physical therapy is recommended
- surgery, if necessary
We, United Foot and Ankle, strive to give our patients the best options. If you or any loved ones are experiencing similar symptoms, please feel free to contact our office at (732) 979-2035. Our offices are located in East Brunswick, Keyport, Old Bridge, Perth Amboy and Bayonne. We look forward to seeing you.