What can cause an infected toe?
- Cut the nail too short
- May be an ingrown nail
- Nail may have fungus
- Calluses can cause rubbing against the toenail
- Exposure to a lot of moisture
- Soreness or pain
- Pus-filled blisters
- Thickened or yellow toenail (indicating fungus)
- physical examination by preferred podiatrist
- Prescribe antibacterial cream or pills to help clear up the infection
- If fungus exist, pills or topical can be prescribe to help get rid of it
At home remedies:
- Soak toe in warm water with salt a couple times a day
- Apply antibacterial cream or medicated ointment and a clean bandage after soaking and drying.
We, United Foot and Ankle, strive to give our patients the best treatment options. if you or any loved ones are experiencing similar symptoms, please feel free to contact our office at (732) 979-2035. We are located in East Brunswick, Keyport, Old Bridge, Perth Amboy, and Bayonne. We look forward to seeing you.