Most children's feet gradually straighten as they grow older and their walking and running abilities improve.
What causes in-toeing?
- Curved feet (metatarsus adductus) is usually present at birth.
- Twisted shin is common among children ages between 1-3 years old.
- Twisted thighbone is common among children ages between 3-8 years old.
- Family history of in-toeing
What are symptoms of in-toeing?
- Feet shaped like crescent moons
- Limping, pain, or swelling
- Problems with gait
- Physical examination by preferred podiatrist
- CT scan
- Cast or corrective shoes for babies 6-9 months.
- Custom molded orthotics, specifically, made for children with in-toed gait.
- Surgery, if necessary.
We, United Foot and Ankle, strive to give our patients the best treatment options. If you or any loved ones are experiencing similar symptoms, please feel free to contact our office at (732) 979-2035. We are located in East Brunswick, Keyport, Old Bridge, Perth Amboy, and Bayonne. We look forward to seeing you.