The arch in the foot provide support to the step and help to accurately distribute the body weight across the feet and legs. Using effective support to minimize stress on the arch of the foot. Individuals with flat feet tend to roll over more to the inner side of their foot causes overpronation.
Common causes of flat feet:
- Foot or ankle injury
- damage, dysfunction, or rupture tendon
- weak arches
- Pain and swelling that stems from strained muscles and ligaments.
- Abnormal stress on knees or hips
- Swelling of lower back or legs
- Custom orthotics for footwear such as sneakers, sandals, and dress-up shoes as well
- Foot stretches or exercises
- Wide-fitting shoes to provide relief
We, United Foot and Ankle, strive to provide the best treatments and alternative options for our patients! If you or any loved ones are familiar with these symptoms, please feel free to contact our office at (732)-979-2035. Our offices are located in East Brunswick, Perth Amboy, Bayonne, and Keyport. We hope to hear from you soon!