Crossover toe is a common condition that can occur at any age. Many confuse crossover toe with a hammertoe because both conditions involve a toe that is not in a normal position.
What can cause a crossover toe?
- Excessive amount of weight-bearing pressure
- Swelling in affected area
- Diffculty wearing shoes
- Physical examination by preferred examination
- Prescribe anti-inflammatory medication
- Taping/splinting of the toe
- Custom molded orthotics
- Appropriate shoewear
- Surgery, if necessary
We, United Foot and Ankle, strive to give our patients the best treatment options. If you or any loved ones are experiencing similar symptoms, please feel free to contact our office at (732) 979-2035. Our offices are located in East Brunswick, Keyport, Old Bridge, Perth Amboy, and Bayonne. We look forward to seeing you.