Symptoms: Corn Vs. Calluses
- Thick, rough skin around the affected area
- Raised bumps
- Tenderness or pain under the skin
Corns are usually smaller than calluses and are painful when pressed; While calluses are rarely painful and ususally develop under the heel or balls of the feet.
What causes corns or calluses?
- Wearing tight-fitted shoes
- Not wearing socks with shoewear
- Wearing wide shoes to give your feet and toes more room to move
- Using protective coverings such as felt pads, gel pads, cron pads, and bandages over affected areas.
- Physical examination by perferred podiatrist
- Trim away excess skin
- Applying medication for removing calluses
- Provide option of shoe inserts
We, United Foot and Ankle, strive to give our patients the best treatment options. If you are experiencing similar symptoms, please contact our office at (732) 979-2035. We are located in East Brunswick, Keyport, Perth Amboy, and Bayonne. We look forward to see you.