This toe deformity is often a result of nerve damage caused by diseases like diabetes and alcoholism , which can weaken the muscles in your foot. Worsening of symptoms and permanent damage if condition goes untreated.
- Toes are bent upward from the joints at the ball of the foot.
- Toes are bent downward at the middle joints toward the sole of the foot.
- Toes may also bend downward at the top joints, curling under.
Underlying disorders that can cause claw toe:
- Rhuematoid arthritis
- Cerebral palsy
- Examination by preferred podiatrist
- Custom-molded orthotics
- Recommend widened shoewaer to help relieve pressure
- Refer to physical therapy
- Surgery, if needed
We, United Foot and Ankle, strive to give our patients the best treatment options. If you or any loved ones are experiencing similar symptoms, please feel free to contact our office at (732) 979-2035. We are located in East Brunswick, Keyport, Perth Amboy, and Bayonne. We looking forward to seeing you.