When injuries occur it is important for these ligaments to heal appropriately so that chronic pain and instability do not develop. This is very important in young teenagers and athletes who want to participate in sports.
Common signs and symptoms:
- Mild to moderate swelling in and around the ankle.
- Mild to moderate pain.
- Unable to fully weightbear on affected ankle.
- Discoloration may develop after a few days.
- CT scan
- Anti-inflammatory medication
- Steriod medication or steriod injection
- Cam walker (walking boot)
- Custom molded orthotics
- Ankle wrapping may be suggested
- Physical therapy is recommend to follow treatment
We, United Foot and Ankle, strive to give our patients the best treatment options. If you or any loved ones are experiencing similar symptoms, please feel free to contact our office at (732) 979-2035. We are located in East Brunswick, Old Bridge, Keyport, Perth Amboy, and Bayonne.